-3 lbs of ground beef, or a combination of ground beef and ground pork or veal.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 package of sliced baby bello mushrooms
- 2 of the little jars of sundried tomato basil pesto
- 1 little jar of Hunt's oregano garlic and basil tomato paste
- 1-2 c red wine (I use the little bottles that come in a 4 pack for cooking, 1 is the right size)
- Have a jar of tomato sauce on the side so you can adjust the consistency to your liking, this can come out pretty thick
- italian seasoning and chopped garlic
- olive oil
Heat a little olive oil in a big ass pot and a couple cloves of chopped garlic. Saute a minute or so and add your ground meat. Brown, then add the onion and mushrooms and saute for a few minutes until the veggies are starting to be done. Add about 1/2 the wine and continue cooking until most of the wine absorbs and is cooked out. Add the 2 containers of sundried tomato basil pesto, the can of tomato paste, and the rest of the wine. Let simmer for 20 minutes or so. Add tomato sauce if you prefer a saucy-er sauce.
- 2 T butter or fat of your choosing
- 4 T flour
- 3 C milk
- 2 packages shredded italian cheeses. Publix makes a mix like this, it's provelone, mozzarella, asiago, and parmasean combined. Each package is 8 oz, so about 16 oz of cheese total.
Heat butter in pan and add 4 t flour. Stir for a few minutes then add the 3 c milk. After the sauce thickens add 1 package of the cheese slowly, whisking as you go. Initially the cheese will clump in the cener. Keep whisking over medium/low heat until the sauce is smooth.
For the lasagne:
Preheat oven to 350. In a deep lasagne pan/ 13x9 pan layer as follows: Bechemel, meat sauce, UNCOOKED lasagne noodles. Repeat, end with layer of meat sauce. Top with remaining package of cheese, I usually use about 1/2-3/4 of the package. Bake for 45-60 min until the top is brown and bubbly.